Ty’r Adar Cottage
The best thing about Ty’r Adar? Lying on the big sofas in front of the woodburning stove!
Our holiday accommodation in Snowdonia with a woodburning stove is called Ty’r Adar (which means House of Birds in Welsh). The spacious self-catering accommodation sleeps 4 – 6 people in a stunning lcoation in Snowdonia National Park. The self-catering accommodation has recently been graded 4 star by Visit Wales and is available for short breaks outside of the school holidays.
The large open plan lounge/kitchen has recently been redecorated in cosy colours with big comfy sofas and lots of books, games and DVDs. The two large bedrooms have Welsh blankets on the beds which can be set up as superkings or singles. There’s also a good quality sofa bed downstairs by the woodburner.
Ty’r Adar means “House of Birds”. There’s no estuary view but the feeder outside the window is always alive with finches, tits, siskins and many other birds – and there’s something special about lying in bed and listening to the owls hooting outside. If you are looking for a comfortable place to unwind after a day on the hills or out and about then Ty’r Adar is a good choice.
Outside there is a small enclosed patio with table and chairs, a BBQ and chiminea.
Cottage Features (click)
- large, open plan living / eating area
- log-burning stove (basket of logs provided and more for sale on site) and storage heaters
- two enormous sofas
- large flat screen TV & DVD / CD player with Freeview channels in lounge. TV/DVD player in master bedroom
- two bedrooms with luxury superking double or twin beds and one double sofa bed (extra thick mattress) downstairs
- free wifi and mobile phone reception (not 02)
- travel cot and high chair available
- newly refurbished bathroom with bath and shower. Hairdryer provided.
- cooker, microwave, washing machine, fridge/freezer
- free off road parking for one car (more by arrangement)
- family friendly with loads of Lego and boardgames
- well behaved dogs welcome
- bed linen and towels provided and beds made up for arrival
- use of BBQ and small patio across drive
- adjoins owner’s Bed and Breakfast accommodation, camp site and 3 other self-catering lets
- available from 3pm on Saturdays for week long bookings
- Short breaks available outside of school holidays and by arrangement
- breakfast hamper of Welsh produce available for additional charge
Cottage Booking Terms & Conditions
When booking with Graig Wen you are entering into a binding contract with us. References to ‘us’ and ‘we’ in these Conditions relate to Graig Wen and / or the property owners and references to ‘you’ or ‘your’ relate to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party. When we email confirmation of a reservation to you, we enter into a contract with you, which is subject to these Booking Conditions.
1. Your Booking – We will confirm your reservation and email you a Welcome Pack
when we receive your deposit (25%) or full payment if you book less than 6 weeks
before your stay. Please check your booking confirmation and tell us of any errors
immediately. You must be over 18 to make a booking.
2. Payment – You have 24 hours in which to pay your 25% deposit/full payment from
the date you make your reservation. We will debit this from your card if you book
on line. If money is not received in this time we reserve the right to offer the holiday
to other enquirers. The balance is due at least 6 weeks before your arrival date.
Please make a note to call us to pay by card before then on 01341 250482. Non
payment of your balance, when this becomes due, will constitute cancellation of the
holiday and forfeiture of the deposit payment. If we do not receive your balance by
due date we will attempt to re-let the accommodation.
3. The charge includes VAT, the cost of electricity and a basket of logs for the woodburning stove in Ty’r Adar. Further logs are available to buy on site and locally. Bed-linen provided in all cottages. Towels provided in Ty’r Adar, Small Barn and Little Haven only.
4. The cottage is let for holiday use only, for the time specified.
5. Cancellation or Changes by YOU – It is essential that you let us know immediately if you need to cancel your booking. Please telephone us and confirm in writing. If you cancel:
– more than 6 weeks before your arrival date you will lose your 25% deposit payment. We will refund any other payments made by you.
– less than 6 weeks before your arrival date you will lose your 25% deposit payment.
We will attempt to re-let your holiday. If we are able to re-let for the whole period originally booked at the same price you we will refund the balance, less a £20 administration fee, at your request on the day you were due to check out. If we are unable to re-sell your holiday you will not be refunded any money paid and we will not transfer your booking.
– transfers of bookings to other accommodation at Graig Wen. Once your booking is confirmed, we cannot transfer your booking to other accommodation at Graig Wen e.g. a different cottage to the one booked or B & B as the various accommodation is not all owned by the same business.
We strongly recommend that guests take out their own travel insurance to cover this
Cancellation or Changes by US – Once we have issued you with a confirmation we will do our very best not to make any changes to your booking or to cancel it. Sometimes though changes do occur before and after bookings have been confirmed, and very occasionally confirmed bookings have to be cancelled. We promise to do all we can to avoid changes and cancellations but must reserve the right to do so.
6. Pets – Well behaved pets are allowed. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times outside the cottage as sheep graze across the site and dogs may get on to the road. Please contact us if you would like to bring more than one pet. Pets must not be allowed on the furniture or beds so please bring appropriate bedding. At no time are pets to be left unattended in the cottage. Fouling on site and any other mess made must be cleared up. Owners are liable for any damage caused.
7. Smoking – No smoking is allowed in the cottage. A smoking area is available outside.
8. Arrival and Departure – Unless special arrangements have been agreed, the normal earliest arrival time is 3:00pm on the holiday start date and you must vacate the property by 10:00am on the departure date. Alternative times can occasionally be arranged on request. Please let us know if you expect to check-in late or are delayed. Keys can be collected from Sarah and John next door at The Slate Shed B & B at Graig Wen and must be returned when you leave. Alternatively you can request the code for the key safe for the cottage in advance.
If you do not contact us and you have not arrived at the property by noon on the day following the holiday start date we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
9. You agree to look after the property. This means you must keep all furniture, fittings and effects, (inside or outside the property) in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of the holiday, and leave it clean and tidy. If you break these conditions we can make an additional cleaning charge and/or make a claim against you for repair or loss as a result of damage caused. You are expected to show due consideration for other people, including other guests, local residents and our staff. If you abuse the property or display dangerous or offensive behaviour towards the owners or other third party, we can refuse to allow you possession of the property or ask you to leave before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund. You must allow us access to the property at any reasonable time during your holiday.
If you have special requests or needs you are responsible for telling us at the time of booking. If you have a disability that may affect your holiday please tell us before you confirm your booking. We will do our best to accommodate you but will let you know if we are not able to meet your needs.
10. Dissatisfaction – It makes us happy if you enjoy your holiday. If you have any problems, please let us know so we can try and sort them out while you are here.
11. The owners shall not be liable for any loss or damage to visitor’s property, however caused.
Number of people using the cottage should not exceed the number advertised. Please check with us first if you would like to have any visitors as there may not be any parking space available for them.