WORKING AT GRAIG WEN
A great opportunity to develop skills on an award-winning glamping and camping site
We’re looking for friendly and reliable all rounders with excellent communication skills. Join our small and friendly team working in a fabulous environment at Graig Wen near Arthog, Dolgellau in Snowdonia National Park. We’re looking for seasonal staff on a temporary basis from May/June until September.
Flexible Working Days
We’re looking to employ:
Site Assistant to work up to 5 days a week including Monday and Friday usually 9am – 5pm or 10am – 6pm
Site Assistant to work Saturdays (plus more days available if interested) usually 9am – 5pm or 10am – 6pm
You will be working both in reception/the office and outdoors around the site. You’ll be doing your best to give our wide variety of lovely guests a fun adventure holiday to remember.
You will helping with face to face, phone and email enquiries, reception and shop sales. Confidence using a computer for email essential.
You will help out the rest of the small team of cleaners and maintenance staff with cleaning duties. You will need to drive around the camp site off road on a Gator UTV – training will be provided.
This is a fantastic chance to learn new skills and have a great summer working in Snowdonia National Park.
Hours of Work and pay
Flexible – see above. Including Bank Holidays. Usually 9 – 5 or 10 – 6pm. Usually 9 – 5 or 10 – 6pm.
Pay rate according to age and experience. You will need your own accommodation.
For more details on the role see:
Please email your CV and covering letter to:
Closing date:We are still open for applications and will appoint when we have found the right person
2022 Seasonal Site Assistant Information
GRAIG WEN SEASONAL SITE ASSISTANT 2022
Duties to include:
- Customer service
- Answering enquiries by phone, email or face to face
- Dealing with check in/check outs, staffing reception/shop and taking payments
- Taking bookings for camp site, yurts and holiday cottages on our computer booking system (training will be given)
- Attending training which will be provided
- Sharing cleaning duties with our team e.g. camp site cleaning under our Covid secure measure (training given)
- Checking accommodation is prepared to a high standard for guests arrival
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good presentation skills
- Positive, friendly, cheerful – can do attitude
- Reasonable level of fitness to be able to walk around hilly site on different levels
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal with pressure with a calm approach
- Enjoy working as part of a small team
- Computer skills – confidence using email and our computer based reservations system and other booking channel – training will be provided.
- Ability to drive a Gator type UTV around the camp site – training will be given.
- Pet friendly – we have dogs and cat and many guests bring their dogs
- You must have your own accommodation – we may be able to provide a pitch for a caravan
- Knowledge of local area (training will be provided)
- Clean driving licence (the site is accessible public transport (on 28 bus route) but own vehicle useful.)
- Interest in outdoors activities such as walking/biking
- Able to commit to working full time from April/May until September, possibly longer
- Welsh speaker/learner
Hours of Work
Usually between 9 – 5pm or 10am and 6pm. We are looking for people to work a minimum of 37.5 hours per week to cover Monday – Friday including and bank holidays and the occasional Saturday.
Payment and Terms
To be confirmed – minimum wage depending on age and experience.
For more details please email your CV and why you are interested in the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE 31ST MARCH 2022