WORKING AT GRAIG WEN
SUMMER STAFF WANTED 2021
We are looking for a friendly and reliable person with excellent communication skills to join our small team at Graig Wen holiday accommodation near Arthog, Dolgellau. This is a temporary post from May/early June until September/October 2021.
This is a physically active role and you will work in our reception/shop/office and also outdoors around the site. You will be providing customer service to a wide variety of guests at our award-winning camp site, yurts, cottages and The Slate Shed B & B. You will help with face to face, phone and email enquiries, reception and shop sales. Confidence using a computer for email essential. We use Macs and full training will be given using our online booking system.
You will also work with the team on cleaning duties on the camp site under our Covid Secure measures. Our site is spread across 40 acres so you need a full driving licence and be able to drive a Polaris UTV or have the confidence to learn.
Hours of Work and pay
37.5 hours per week Tuesday – Saturday /Bank Holidays. Usually between 9 – 6pm. We are happy to discuss flexible working hours.
Pay rate according to age and experience.
Please see below for full details and how to apply
Seasonal Site Assistant Information
GRAIG WEN SUMMER SITE ASSISTANT 2021
We are looking for one person to join the small team at our award-winning holiday accommodation from May/early June – September. Accommodation is not provided for this role so you will need to live locally.
Duties to include:
- Customer service
- Answering enquiries by phone, email or face to face
- Helping customers have a great stay by providing information and suggestions about local visitor attractions, places to eat, walks, weather forecasts, etc
- Efficiently dealing with check ins/check outs, staffing reception/site shop, taking payments, dealing with shop deliveries and pricing items
- Helping customers with any issues that arise
- Processing online/phone bookings and payments for all accommodation
- Attending training which will be provided
- Cleaning duties e.g. cleaning yurts, camp site loos, compost loos, showers and other facilities, keeping kitchen tidy, checking housekeepers have cleaned cottages, B & B rooms and yurts during high season to a high standard in preparation for guests and remedying any problems
- Driving quad/ATV to help campers move kit between their cars and pitches
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Clean and tidy appearance (no uniform required but we provide staff T-shirts and hoodies if you wish to wear them with jeans/shorts/waterproofs!)
- Reliable and punctual
- Positive, friendly – can do attitude
- Willingness to work flexible hours and weekends
- Reasonable level of fitness to be able to walk around hilly site on different levels and move firewood etc
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal with pressure with a calm approach
- Enjoy working as part of a small team
- Computer skills – confidence using email and our computer based reservations system and other booking channel – training will be provided and most people pick this up quickly.
- Full Driving licence and ability to drive a Polaris/Mule type UTV or have confidence to learn
- Able to commit to working from May/early June until September, possibly longer
- Dog friendly – we have two friendly dogs and a feisty cat
- Knowledge of local area (training will be provided)
- Interest in outdoors activities such as walking/biking
- Welsh speaker/learner
Hours of Work
Usually between 9am and 6pm. 37.5 hours per week to cover Tuesday – Saturday, and bank holidays. We are happy to discuss flexible working hours.
Payment and Terms
To be confirmed – minimum wage depending on age and experience.
For more details please email your CV and why you are interested in the role to Sarah or John: email@example.com