WORKING AT GRAIG WEN
If you are interested in joining our small team then do drop us an email.
Seasonal Site Assistant Information
GRAIG WEN SUMMER SITE ASSISTANT 2021
We are looking for one person to join the small team at our award-winning holiday accommodation from May/early June – September. Accommodation is not provided for this role so you will need to live locally.
Duties to include:
- Customer service
- Answering enquiries by phone, email or face to face
- Helping customers have a great stay by providing information and suggestions about local visitor attractions, places to eat, walks, weather forecasts, etc
- Efficiently dealing with check ins/check outs, staffing reception/site shop, taking payments, dealing with shop deliveries and pricing items
- Helping customers with any issues that arise
- Processing online/phone bookings and payments for all accommodation
- Attending training which will be provided
- Cleaning duties e.g. cleaning yurts, camp site loos, compost loos, showers and other facilities, keeping kitchen tidy, checking housekeepers have cleaned cottages, B & B rooms and yurts during high season to a high standard in preparation for guests and remedying any problems
- Driving quad/ATV to help campers move kit between their cars and pitches
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Clean and tidy appearance (no uniform required but we provide staff T-shirts and hoodies if you wish to wear them with jeans/shorts/waterproofs!)
- Reliable and punctual
- Positive, friendly – can do attitude
- Willingness to work flexible hours and weekends
- Reasonable level of fitness to be able to walk around hilly site on different levels and move firewood etc
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal with pressure with a calm approach
- Enjoy working as part of a small team
- Computer skills – confidence using email and our computer based reservations system and other booking channel – training will be provided and most people pick this up quickly.
- Full Driving licence and ability to drive a Polaris/Mule type UTV or have confidence to learn
- Able to commit to working from May/early June until September, possibly longer
- Dog friendly – we have two friendly dogs and a feisty cat
- Knowledge of local area (training will be provided)
- Interest in outdoors activities such as walking/biking
- Welsh speaker/learner
Hours of Work
Usually between 9am and 6pm. 37.5 hours per week to cover Tuesday – Saturday, and bank holidays. We are happy to discuss flexible working hours.
Payment and Terms
To be confirmed – minimum wage depending on age and experience.
For more details please email your CV and why you are interested in the role to Sarah or John: email@example.com