Just for Two, Camping & Glamping North Wales
Romantic Snowdonia Holiday Cottage & Camping Getaways
“It was like we were the only people in the world. Just nature and good company on our glamping break for 2”
Graig Wen Guest
For holidays in Snowdonia National Park for couples or a couple of mates, Graig Wen is an amazing location. You’ll find just the right corner for you in our quirky accommodation spread across 40 acres of ancient mossy woods and meadows.
Wildly Beautiful Glamping North Wales
A special place to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, or romantic road trip
- Adventure-seekers can find Cader Idris mountain and Coed-y Brenin mountain bike centre nearby
- Snowdon and Zipworld adventures under an hour’s scenic drive away
- Discover unique experiences with castles, steam trains, Portmerion, secret lakes and waterfalls
- Explore historic market towns and picturesque Snowdonia villages. Great local pubs and awesome cake in Dolgellau!
- Restaurants, cafes, pubs and independent shops within 10 –20 minutes drive.
- Walk or cycle to the seaside for fish and chips
- Order breakfast croissants and fresh coffee, buy local craft ales and cider
A Dreamy Escape To Our Snowdonia Holiday Cottages
For camping, self catering or glamping North Wales holidays in Snowdonia, Graig Wen is a dreamy escape
- Relax surrounded by nature, peace, dramatic scenery and wildlife
- Take a sunset stroll to the Mawddach Estuary – look out for bats and owls
- Sit by your camp fire and star-gaze
- Breathe in fresh air, be still, let your stresses melt away
- Unplug or Stay Connected: Unplug from the usual routine stunning natural surroundings – but if you need to stay connected we have 4G across most of the site for most networks and free wifi near reception.
- Warm welcome for people and pets too: We live on site and you’ll find a friendly welcome from us but we leave you space to yourselves. We love animals and well behaved dogs are welcome too.
- Greener travel: Our rural location is accessible by public transport. One incredibly scenic train journey from Birmingham brings you to our tiny local station a couple of miles away. A bus stops outside our gate and will take you to Dolgellau for shops and cafes or the beach.
- For village pub, cafes, shops – stay in our holiday cottage in Dolgellau if you’d like everything a short walk away.
Finding The Right Glamping Break For 2
All our accommodation is suitable for couples, with short stays outside of peak season especially good value.
If the two of you want to stay closer to nature, here’s our recommendations for wilder escapes:
Jones the Shepherd’s Hut is well insulated with a few more mod cons to suit any couple looking for a glamping retreat more substantial than sleeping under canvas, especially in the colder months
Our Snowdonia camping pods and yurt for two are cute, cosy and romantic – great value for younger couples who are happy using the easy pull out futon bed.
Empress wagon is our only en suite glamping pod style accommodation and Small Duchess is another cosy and stylish wagon close to the facilities. Both these wagons are open in the winter months and are warm and comfortable however wild the weather. Ideal for friends as well as couples.
Idris yurt offers total seclusion and privacy in a secret corner of our wilder camping fields. There’s plenty of indoor and outdoor space to hang out, especially good for couples bringing their dog.
Tommy yurt is convenient, comfy and well equipped including a proper double bed and chair beds – a great choice for couples or mates looking for a base for adventures
Tent camping on our wilder camping fields gives you loads of breathing space between pitches which have wonderful views. We tend to keep pitches on the Estuary Field just for adults and families with older children. Perfect if you’re looking for idyllic camp sites in Snowdonia.
Pitches on our touring van site are closer together but it’s a very quiet site. You can take your morning coffee to the communal area overlooking our much Instagrammed view, or retreat at night to the sheltered woodland camp fire for a beer and marshmallow toasting under fairy lights.
Best For Two During Peak Season
Finally, during the school holidays you’ll still find space and peace at Graig Wen because of the site lay out, though it’s bound to busier and a little livelier. For couples at this time we recommend the yurt for two, Idris yurt, the bell tent, camping on our estuary field.