WORKING AT GRAIG WEN
SUMMER STAFF WANTED
We are looking for friendly and reliable people with excellent communication skills to join our small team at Graig Wen holiday accommodation near Arthog, Dolgellau. We are looking for staff to work from May/early June until September/October.
You will be based in reception/the office and welcome guests to our award-winning camp site, yurts, cottages and The Slate Shed B & B. You will meet and greet a wide variety of guests, helping with face to face, phone and email enquiries, reception and shop sales. Confidence using a computer for email essential. We use Macs and full training will be given using our online booking systems.
Some light cleaning duties and waiting on breakfast guests may be required.
Hours of Work and pay
Minimum of 16 hours per week Monday – Fridays, Weekends and Bank Holidays. Usually between 9 – 6pm. We are happy to discuss flexible working hours.
Pay rate according to age and experience. We are on the No 28 bus route from Dolgellau to Tywyn.
Summer Staff Requirements
SUMMER RECEPTIONISTS / SITE ASSISTANTS
Duties to include:
- Welcoming guests to their accommodation
- Settling in B & B guests with tea and information/booking dinner tables
- Showing campers to their pitches
- Answering enquiries by phone, email or face to face
- Dealing with check in/check outs, staffing reception/shop and taking payments
- Taking bookings for B & B , camp site, yurts and holiday cottages on our computer booking system (training will be given)
- Attending training which will be provided
- Occasional Light cleaning duties e.g. clearing up kitchen, servicing rooms, camp site cleaning
- Occasional waiting on duties at breakfast
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good presentation skills
- Positive, friendly – can do attitude
- Willingness to work flexible hours and weekends
- Reasonable level of fitness to be able to walk around hilly site on different levels
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal with pressure with a calm approach
- Enjoy working as part of a small team
- Computer skills – confidence using email and our computer based reservations system and other booking channel – training will be provided.
- Knowledge of local area (training will be provided)
- Clean driving licence (the site is accessible public transport (on 28 bus route) but own vehicle useful.)
- Interest in outdoors activities such as walking/biking
- Able to commit to working from May/early June until September, possibly longer
- Welsh speaker/learner
- Ability to make good cup of tea
Hours of Work
Usually between 9am and 6pm. We are looking for people to work a minimum of 16 hours per week to cover Monday – Friday, weekends and bank holidays. We are happy to discuss flexible working hours.
Payment and Terms
To be confirmed – minimum wage depending on age and experience.
Please email your CV and why you are interested in the role to Sarah and John: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details contact Sarah or John: 01341 250482