Finally the sun comes out this Whit Bank Holiday and stays out all day. This evening everyone has been sitting outside enjoying the sun, watching the house martins swoop up from the Estuary and sipping a drink. The weekend has seen a fair few downpours but it hasn’t stopped our guests getting out and having fun, as shown by the above comment left in our visitor’s book today. Things guests have told us they’ve done over the past few days include taking the steam train up Snowdon (a bit cramped and cloudy), walking up Snowdon (exhilarating), rocketing through clouds on a zip wire at 90 mph (really exhilarating), sheltering in TH Roberts cafe in Dolgellau with Meg’s wondrous cakes, watching the Dyfi Ospreys from the stunning new observatory, exploring the slate mines at Llechwedd, and listening to the nightjars churring and owls calling across the valley from the comfort of their beds here at Graig Wen. Good to know rain hasn’t stopped play…
- We won!
- Instant Gift Vouchers for the Outdoors Lover
- Winter wild escapes in Snowdonia
- Finalist in 2021 Go North Wales Tourism Awards
- Barmouth Bridge Temporary Closure – alternative routes
- Autumn wonders in Snowdonia
- Fully open from Monday 17 May 2021
- Outdoor Dining and Take Outs for Spring 2021
- Are you open? and other FAQs!
- Easter 2021 re-opening for residents in Wales