Ruthin Craft Centre has recently been given a fancy makeover with Arts Council Wales funding and we made our first trip there today. The picture makes it look a bit like the kind of industrial unit where you’d find a branch of Focus next door, but it’s actually a really well designed showcase for contemporary craft and design.There’s a big, light exhibition space, arty shop, artists’ studios you can visit and a super nice cafe. There’s an area where you can watch some beautiful artist-made short films which offer unusual ways of experiencing the landscape, architecture and culture of North Wales. This bit is rather grandly called a “Cultural Gateway” but it’s just a quiet place to sit and enjoy looking at stuff you might explore as you head deeper into Wales. The “Cultural Gateway” has also got good old fashioned pamphlets. Good word, pamphlets. Ruthin Craft Centre is about an hour’s drive from Graig Wen, and would make a good pit stop if you are driving here from North West England. It’s free to park and get in, very easy to find and right on route by a roundabout. The other great thing about the drive between here and Ruthin is that you get to see a herd of American bison (really) and go to the award-winning Rhug Farm Shop.A November day of being lashed by gales so time for a WWA (wet weather attraction)…
- Graig Wen recommended in the media
- Gold Award winning Glamping!
- Discounts on Snowdonia Days Out
- A bit about our tent camping fields
- Excellent holiday cottages report from Inspector
- We won!
- Instant Gift Vouchers for the Outdoors Lover
- Winter wild escapes in Snowdonia
- Finalist in 2021 Go North Wales Tourism Awards
- Barmouth Bridge Temporary Closure – alternative routes