The best sort of winter day…sparkling white mountains and cloudless blue sky. We slipped our way up an icy path high above Blaenau Ffestiniog to the ruined houses of Cwmorthin. The abandoned slate quarry buildings stood black and eerie today against the white landscape. The treacherous skin of ice on Llyn Cwmorthin was causing a cormorant no end of frustration. My six layers of clothing just about did the trick but could have done with spiked boots on the way back down. Stunning place, can’t wait to go back to explore some more.
- Graig Wen recommended in the media
- Gold Award winning Glamping!
- Discounts on Snowdonia Days Out
- A bit about our tent camping fields
- Excellent holiday cottages report from Inspector
- We won!
- Instant Gift Vouchers for the Outdoors Lover
- Winter wild escapes in Snowdonia
- Finalist in 2021 Go North Wales Tourism Awards
- Barmouth Bridge Temporary Closure – alternative routes