The best thing about Pine Cottage? The fabulous views and large terrace – perfect for family BBQs and group get togethers!
Pine Cottage self-catering let near Barmouth and Dolgellau in Snowdonia, North Wales, has spectacular views over the Mawddach Estuary and mountains. Watch the short film at the bottom of this page to get a full flavour of the exceptional location although the decor has changed a lot, including a new kitchen and redecoration throughout.The large patio terrace is a favourite spot for BBQS and sundowners. It’s also safely enclosed for wandering children or dogs.
The very spacious 2 bedroom house can sleep up to 6, with bunk beds in one of the double bedrooms. The bathroom is modern and the house is homely and well equipped with free wifi, 42″ TV with Sky channels, a dishwasher/washer dryer etc. There is central heating so in winter you can enjoy the changing views through the window from a cosy seat on the sofas!
Pine Cottage belongs to the Berry family who welcome guests to their holiday property which adjoins the 3 other self-catering lets and B & B at Graig Wen. All the accommodation shares the same roof of this big former Victorian slate cutting shed. Graig Wen’s small and quiet touring camp site is next door. Guests are welcome to explore 45 acres of wild woods and meadows leading to The Mawddach Trail. More pictures of Pine Cottage here on our Facebook page.
“Our fifth holiday here and it is as amazing as our first. We never cease to be stunned by the amazing views. Pine Cottage is a miracle chill zone, especially for children, dogs and stressed out parents.” The Hillman gang
Pine Cottage Features (click)
- Sleeps up to 6 people in 2 bedrooms – (double bed in each and plus bunk beds in second bedroom)
- Fenced patio area with seating overlooking Mawddach estuary
- Graded 4 star by Vist Wales
- 42″flat screen TV with Sky channels and DVD player in lounge and TV/DVD player in master bedroom
- free wifi
- Large open plan new kitchen/diner and lounge
- Dish washer, washing machine, dryer, fridge freezer, cooker, microwave, toaster etc.
- Central heating
- Newly refurbished bathroom with bath and overhead shower
- Off road parking for up to 3 cars
- bike lock up for 2/3 bikes
- Board games and BBQ area
- Beds made up for arrival – please bring towels
- Hamper of local produce available for extra charge
- Week long bookings from 3pm Saturdays. Short breaks available in low season
Cottage Booking Terms & Conditions
When booking with Graig Wen you are entering into a binding contract with us. References to ‘us’ and ‘we’ in these Conditions relate to Graig Wen and / or the property owners and references to ‘you’ or ‘your’ relate to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party. When we email confirmation of a reservation to you, we enter into a contract with you, which is subject to these Booking Conditions.
1. Your Booking – We will confirm your reservation and email you a Welcome Pack
when we receive your deposit (25%) or full payment if you book less than 6 weeks
before your stay. Please check your booking confirmation and tell us of any errors
immediately. You must be over 18 to make a booking.
2. Payment – You have 24 hours in which to pay your 25% deposit/full payment from
the date you make your reservation. We will debit this from your card if you book
on line. If money is not received in this time we reserve the right to offer the holiday
to other enquirers. The balance is due at least 6 weeks before your arrival date.
We will email you a reminder of this and you will need to re-enter your payment details. Non
payment of your balance, when this becomes due, will constitute cancellation of the
holiday and forfeiture of the deposit payment. If we do not receive your balance by
due date we will attempt to re-let the accommodation.
3. The charge includes VAT, the cost of electricity and a basket of logs for the woodburning stove in Ty’r Adar. Further logs are available to buy on site and locally. Bed-linen provided in all cottages. Towels provided in Ty’r Adar, Small Barn and Little Haven only.
4. The cottage is let for holiday use only, for the time specified.
5. Cancellation or Changes by YOU – It is essential that you let us know immediately if you need to cancel your booking. Please telephone us and confirm in writing. If you cancel:
– more than 6 weeks before your arrival date you will lose your 25% deposit payment. We will refund any other payments made by you.
– less than 6 weeks before your arrival date you will lose your 25% deposit payment.
We will attempt to re-let your holiday. If we are able to re-let for the whole period originally booked at the same price you we will refund the balance, less a £20 administration fee, at your request on the day you were due to check out. If we are unable to re-sell your holiday you will not be refunded any money paid and we will not transfer your booking.
– transfers of bookings to other accommodation at Graig Wen. Once your booking is confirmed, we cannot transfer your booking to other accommodation at Graig Wen e.g. a different cottage to the one booked or B & B as the various accommodation is not all owned by the same business.
We strongly recommend that guests take out their own travel insurance to cover this
Cancellation or Changes by US – Once we have issued you with a confirmation we will do our very best not to make any changes to your booking or to cancel it. Sometimes though changes do occur before and after bookings have been confirmed, and very occasionally confirmed bookings have to be cancelled. We promise to do all we can to avoid changes and cancellations but must reserve the right to do so.
6. Pets – Well behaved pets are allowed. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times outside the cottage as sheep graze across the site and dogs may get on to the road. Please contact us if you would like to bring more than one pet. Pets must not be allowed on the furniture or beds so please bring appropriate bedding. At no time are pets to be left unattended in the cottage. Fouling on site and any other mess made must be cleared up. Owners are liable for any damage caused.
7. Smoking – No smoking is allowed in the cottage. A smoking area is available outside.
8. Arrival and Departure – Unless special arrangements have been agreed, the normal earliest arrival time is 3:00pm on the holiday start date and you must vacate the property by 10:00am on the departure date. Alternative times can occasionally be arranged on request. Please let us know if you expect to check-in late or are delayed. Keys can be collected from Sarah and John next door at The Slate Shed B & B at Graig Wen and must be returned when you leave. Alternatively you can request the code for the key safe for the cottage in advance.
If you do not contact us and you have not arrived at the property by noon on the day following the holiday start date we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
9. You agree to look after the property. This means you must keep all furniture, fittings and effects, (inside or outside the property) in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of the holiday, and leave it clean and tidy. If you break these conditions we can make an additional cleaning charge and/or make a claim against you for repair or loss as a result of damage caused. You are expected to show due consideration for other people, including other guests, local residents and our staff. If you abuse the property or display dangerous or offensive behaviour towards the owners or other third party, we can refuse to allow you possession of the property or ask you to leave before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund. You must allow us access to the property at any reasonable time during your holiday.
If you have special requests or needs you are responsible for telling us at the time of booking. If you have a disability that may affect your holiday please tell us before you confirm your booking. We will do our best to accommodate you but will let you know if we are not able to meet your needs.
10. Dissatisfaction – It makes us happy if you enjoy your holiday. If you have any problems, please let us know so we can try and sort them out while you are here.
11. The owners shall not be liable for any loss or damage to visitor’s property, however caused.
Number of people using the cottage should not exceed the number advertised. Please check with us first if you would like to have any visitors as there may not be any parking space available for them.