Ty’r Adâr Cottage
The best thing about Ty’r Adâr? Relaxing together on the big sofas after a day’s adventures …
Our holiday accommodation in Snowdonia with a woodburning stove is called Ty’r Adâr (which means House of Birds in Welsh). The spacious self-catering accommodation sleeps 4 – 5 people in a stunning location in Snowdonia National Park near Barmouth and Dolgellau with direct access to the Mawddach Estuary Trail.
The large open plan lounge/kitchen is redecorated in cosy colours with two big comfy sofas, perfect for relaxing after a day’s exploring. There is wifi and a large screen TV. Upstairs the master bedroom is spacious with a double bed and view across to the wooded hills. The second bedroom can be set up with 2 single beds or one super-king sized bed. All beds have cosy Welsh tapestry blankets. There’s also a double sofa bed downstairs in the lounge by the woodburner. Effective storage heaters mean the house is kept cosy when the fire is not lit.
The kitchen and bathroom have recently been refurbished. The kitchen is well equipped with a cooker/hob, fridge/freezer, microwave and washing machine. There is also a dining table and chairs for five in this area. The bathroom has a small bath with a piping hot overhead shower.
Ty’r Adâr means “House of Birds”. There’s no estuary view but the feeder outside the window is alive with finches, blue tits, nuthatches, siskins and many other birds. In summer, you’ll hear the house-martins nesting in the eaves – and there’s something special about lying in bed and listening to the owls hooting at night. If you are looking for a comfortable place to unwind after a day’s adventures then Ty’r Adâr is a good choice.
Open the front, stable-style door and step across our drive to a small private patio with table and chairs. Although this is our only cottage without enclosed outdoor space for young children or dogs to roam, you can just walk around the corner to find benches overlooking the wonderful view on our small camp site with 40 acres of woods and feilds to explore.
Cottage Features (click)
Ty’r Adar features:
- large, open plan living / eating area
- log-burning stove (basket of logs provided and more for sale on site) and storage heaters
- two big comfy sofas
- large flat screen TV & DVD / CD player with Freeview channels in lounge.
- two bedrooms: one with a double bed and one with a super-king double which can also be set up as two single beds; and one double sofa bed downstairs
- free wifi and mobile phone reception (not 02)
- travel cot and high chair available on request
- modern bathroom with bath and overhead shower. Hairdryer provided.
- cooker, microwave, washing machine, fridge/freezer
- free off road parking for one car (more by arrangement)
- well behaved dogs welcome
- bed linen and towels provided and beds made up for arrival
- use of BBQ and small patio across drive
- adjoins owner’s Bed and Breakfast accommodation, camp site and 3 other self-catering lets
- available from Saturdays for week long bookings
- Short breaks available outside of school holidays and by arrangement