Small Barn Cottage
The best thing about Small Barn? Lots of extra space to chill out in the sun room with views to the Snowdonia mountains
Small Barn Features at a glance
- two spacious bedrooms – one double and 2 single beds
- large, open plan living / eating area
- sun lounge with seating and views across Mawddach Estuary
- central heating for instant warmth
- free wifi.
- 37″ flat screen TV with Freeview channels, DVD
- newly updated kitchen with large oven and hob, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher, fridge /freezer
- modern bathroom with bath and overhead shower (not shown in video below). Hairdryer provided
- free off road parking for one car
- family friendly – travel cot and high chair available
- well behaved pets welcome
- bed linen and towels provided and beds made up as requested for arrival
- mobile phone reception (most networks except 02)
- decked and fenced patio area with garden furniture
- usually available from 4pm on Saturdays for week long bookings and for short breaks in low season
- Drinking water from our private water supply which is treated and tested to meet regulations
- Digital Welcome Guide sent to all bookers with our tips about walks from the door, best places to eat out, local shops, attractions etc
Small Barn is a spacious holiday let near Dolgellau and Barmouth in Snowdonia, North Wales. The lovely slate-floored sun room has comfy sofas where you can relax and enjoy views across the Mawddach Estuary – often described as one of the most beautiful in Wales.
The house provides modern self-catering facilities and accommodation in Snowdonia National Park for 2 – 4 people in a traditional building and outstanding location. in There is direct access to the Mawddach Estuary and Trail through our fields – it’s a great place to bring your bike, camera or dog!
Despite its name, Small Barn is actually the most spacious self-catering let here at Graig Wen. The large lounge has a 37″ flat screen TV with Freeview channels, DVD, or you can enjoy the views quietly from the separate sun room. There is free wifi.
The large kitchen has recently been refurbished including a new cooker. The kitchen opens onto the lounge so you can socialise while you cook – and the dishwasher takes the strain! The long dining table has plenty of space for enjoying family meals. Upstairs the two bedrooms are set out with one double bed and 2 single beds with colourful Welsh wool throws. The modern bathroom has a large bath with overhead shower.
Outside there is a fenced in decking area with seating and small BBQ. Guest have access to our 45 acres of beautiful meadows and woods leading to the Mawddach Trail. We look after Small Barn self-catering accommodation for our neighbours Clare and Ian, who welcome guests to their family holiday home.
The house is part of a converted Victorian slate cutting mill and shares the same roof as three other self catering lets. It adjoins our small award-winning camping and glamping site. There’s an area in the woods with fairy lights and a camp fire which guests are welcome to use.