In 2017 Wales is celebrating our epic past, present and future. We’re celebrating our magical cultural heritage but also legendary people and places. We wanted to celebrate some local characters so here’s why we called one of our new pop-up yurts Tommy: You may not have heard of Tommy Nutter, but we bet you recognise some of the iconic clothes he designed and images he helped to create. Tommy Nutter was born in Barmouth in 1943 but soon left to find fame and fortune designing era defining clothes for the stars. He designed for Elton John, the Rolling Stones, David Bowie and artist David Hockney. Mick and Bianca Jagger got married both wearing Tommy Nutter outfits. Three of the Beatles wear his outfits on the Abbey Road record sleeve (George Harrison was more of a denim kind of guy). Jack Nicholson’s show-stealing look as The Joker in Batman was also designed by Tommy. Nutter shook up men’s fashion with his flamboyant tailoring and bold fabrics. The House of Nutter was the first shop on the prestigious Saville Row to design for women including his backer, pop singer Cilla Black. Nutter died in 1992 aged just 49. We wanted to celebrate his extraordinary achievements and have added a few touches to Tommy yurt that nod to his colourful life. You can read more about his story in here. What a legend!
- Join our Instagram Competition 2019!
- Building our dream Shepherd’s Hut
- What family memories will you take home?
- Hitting the January Sales
- Gift Ideas for adventurers and explorers
- “Spook Wen” Halloween rave up
- Muddy for Nothing and Sticks for Free!
- Share your holiday memories to our Instagram Competition
- Tips for easy dog friendly holidays in Snowdonia
- Guest blogger Mireille’s half term holiday tips!