Wild Night Out on Sunday 2 August.Last night we held our first wild food forage. The weather may have been against us but Heath and Aoife from Firefox Bushcraft welcomed all those that turned up to the dine alfresco with them. We started with a look at what we could find on our fields leading down to the estuary and then a good forage along the estuary shoreline. We learnt what was good and not so good to gather, a little bit of folklore, and some of us could teach latin to the Romans. Forty five minutes later we where able to puruse the menu, which consisted of; A warming herbal tea with Yarrow or Meadowsweet A starter of oak smoked Halloumi (i know you wont find this growing under the bracken) The main course – a herb flan cooked in the dutch oven flavoured with Commom Sorrell, Yarrow and Jews Ear fungus. Samphire with melted butter and a ponassed Mackarel. A wine list of Silver Birch or Oak leaf 2009, young fruity and good on the nose! To finish this all off we had a summer pudding of wild whinberry, strawberry and rasberry with a little added whinberry syrup. We all left feeling satisfied in body and mind, good company, great food and all of it availiable from the Graig Wen aisle, just by the estuary. If you are interested in bushcraft skills why not join us when we have our
- Graig Wen recommended in the media
- Gold Award winning Glamping!
- Discounts on Snowdonia Days Out
- A bit about our tent camping fields
- Excellent holiday cottages report from Inspector
- We won!
- Instant Gift Vouchers for the Outdoors Lover
- Winter wild escapes in Snowdonia
- Finalist in 2021 Go North Wales Tourism Awards
- Barmouth Bridge Temporary Closure – alternative routes