Our brains are working overtime during the COVID-19 pandemic trying to re-imagine how we can safely welcome guests back to our camping, glamping, self-catering and B & B accommodation in Snowdonia. We will only re-open when the time is right for our community. We will only re-open when we feel we’ve taken all the measures we can to keep our guests and team safe. We still want you to have a fantastic wild Snowdonia escape feeling safe and welcomed, even if it’s from a distance.
Right now we’re thinking hard about extra hygiene and social distancing measures and training for our team. Government guidance is being developed for holiday accommodation so we await this to inform our decisions.
We are fortunate to have the luxury of space here. Our accommodation spreads across different levels over 40-ish acres of woods and meadows. Natural features help create social distance and we will certainly reduce our capacity.
What changes do you plan?
Measures we’re looking at include:
- Contactless check-in. We’re now working on a digital guide to checking in. It’s packed with useful information about local services including food outlets offering timed orders, click and collect, how to book attractions, local walks etc
- Reception will be closed but we live on site and will be on hand to help at a distance
- Reduced pitch numbers for the touring site. Caravans and motorhomes may need to use their own facilities rather than communal loos, showers and washing up areas
- Reduced pitch numbers for tent camping – our pitches will have at least 10 metres between them – for most pitches a lot more. There is plenty of room for tent campers to bring their own toilet tent or camping shower which can be purchased quite cheaply from camping stores. We have a chemical disposal point for toilet waste.
- If the camp site is allowed to open shared facilities, then staggered shower times and social distance markings will be in place
- Reduced rooms open in the B & B. Breakfast hamper delivery to your door. Allocated space in communal area for eating takeaways.
- Additional temporary private toilets and outdoor shower facilities for glamping accommodation
- Deep cleaning holiday cottages and glamping accommodation
- Hand sanitiser stations
- More frequent and additional deep cleaning across the site
When will you re-open?
When the Welsh Assembly Government says holiday accommodation of our kind can re-open and when we feel it is safe to re-open. This will not be until sometime in July at the earliest. Different kinds of accommodation here may open in different phases.
I have a booking with you this summer, what should I do?
We are contacting everybody with an existing booking which needs to be postponed. We do not know what government restrictions will be in place for July and August yet. We are not requesting balance payments at this time. Please keep an eye on the Coronavirus page on our web site. Do get in touch by email if you have queries or concerns – we appreciate these are uncertain and stressful times for us all and will do our best to help.
When are you going to take new bookings?
First we need to make sure we can accommodate those people with existing bookings within the COVID-19 safety guidance. Next we are giving a priority period to those people we have had to postpone to re-book. We would hope to welcome back some of our summer regulars if we can and have space for new bookings. We recommend you sign up to our mailing list (see below) or follow our social media channels for the latest news.
Booking is only open from October online at present but we are hopeful we will be able to take new summer bookings.
Our new flexible booking policy
We will change our payment terms for new bookings made over the next few months. Please ensure you check the Terms and Conditions when you book. We always recommend taking our holiday insurance.
- A low initial deposit of 20% on booking
- The balance payment will not be due until 10 days before the holiday
- In the case of a cancellation for any COVID-19 related reason, we will offer you the flexibility to move your holiday to any available date in the same accommodation within 18 months of the start date of their holiday with no additional charges.
- If you choose a date where the same accommodation is only available at a higher price, you will be charged the additional prevailing rate for the stay
- No refunds will be repaid to the customer under this scheme, either the deposit or full balance.
Stay in touch
Keep the faith
You will be here in beautiful Snowdonia one day.