Ty’r Adâr Snowdonia Cottage with Wood Burner
The best thing about Ty’r Adâr? Relaxing together on the big sofas after a day’s adventures …
At a Glance Features
- log-burning stove (basket of logs provided and more for sale on site), effective storage heaters and additional plug in heaters. Hot water immersion heater.
- large, open plan living / eating area
- two big comfy sofas
- large flat screen TV & DVD player with Firestick and Freeview channels in lounge.
- Sleeps 2 – 4 in two bedrooms: one with a double bed and one with a super-king double which can also be set up as two single beds; one double sofa bed can also be available downstairs in the lounge area
- free wifi and mobile phone reception (not 02)
- travel cot and high chair available on request
- modern bathroom with bath and overhead shower. Hairdryer provided.
- cooker, microwave, washing machine, fridge/freezer. Sorry no dishwasher.
- free off road parking for one car (one more by arrangement)
- well behaved dogs welcome
- bed linen and towels provided and beds made up for arrival
- use of BBQ and small patio across drive
- adjoins owner’s small glamping and camping site and 3 other self-catering lets
- available from Saturdays for week long bookings. Short breaks available during winter
- Drinking water from our borehole which is treated and tested to meet regulations
- Digital Welcome Guide sent to all bookers with our tips about walks from the door, best places to eat out, local shops, attractions etc
Our holiday accommodation in Snowdonia with a woodburning stove is called Ty’r Adâr (which means House of Birds in Welsh). The spacious self-catering accommodation sleeps 4 people in a stunning location in Snowdonia National Park near Barmouth and Dolgellau with direct access to the Mawddach Estuary Trail.
The large open plan lounge/kitchen has a wood burning stove and is decorated in cosy colours with two big comfy sofas, perfect for relaxing after a day’s exploring. There is wifi and a large screen TV with fire stick. Upstairs the master bedroom is spacious with a double bed and view across to the wooded hills. The second bedroom can be set up with 2 single beds or one super-king sized bed. All beds have cosy Welsh tapestry blankets. There’s also a double sofa bed downstairs in the lounge. Effective storage heaters mean the house is kept cosy when the fire is not lit.
The kitchen and bathroom have recently been refurbished. The kitchen is well equipped with a cooker/hob, fridge/freezer, microwave and washing machine. There is also a dining table and chairs in this area. The bathroom has a small bath with a piping hot overhead shower.
Ty’r Adâr means “House of Birds”. There’s no estuary view but you just have to walk a few steps around the corner to enjoy our breathtaking Mawddach Estuary viewpoint. The bird feeder outside the window is alive with finches, blue tits, nuthatches, siskins and many other birds. In summer, you’ll hear the house-martins nesting in the eaves – and there’s something special about lying in bed and listening to the owls hooting at night. If you are looking for a comfortable place to unwind after a day’s adventures then Ty’r Adâr is a good choice.
Open the front, stable-style door and step across our drive to a small private patio with table and chairs. Although this is our only cottage without enclosed outdoor space for young children or dogs to roam, you can just wander around the corner to find benches overlooking the wonderful view on our small camp site with 40 acres of woods and fields to explore. We provide your own sun chairs to take round there and relax.
Ty’r Adâr is part of a converted Victorian slate cutting shed and shares the same roof as the 3 other holiday lets at Graig Wen. Our small touring and glamping site is nearby.