Our bell tent in Snowdonia National Park is for hire from late July until early September. The bell tent is suitable for adults and older children seeking an active, wild adventure. The spacious and robust bell tent is pitched in a secluded spot at the far end of the valley on our lower tent camping fields. You camp in a private area with your own camp fire and a simple outdoor camp kitchen. The canvas tent sleeps 2 – 4 people and comes kitted out with a double pallet bed with mattress and two camp beds. There’s floor matting and rugs but you will need to bring your own bedding/sleeping bags. In the adjacent gazebo tent there’s a camping gas cooker, cooking utensils, cool box, wash stand and picnic table. There’s also a couple of camping chairs to use. Simple lighting and a lantern are provided. Just bring bedding, food and enjoy a very special corner of Snowdonia National Park…
There is a simple but clean compost loo a less than a minute’s walk away. The new camp site showers are a few minutes walk away across a couple of fields. Please be aware that this pitch is secluded and you will be parking about 300 metres from your vehicle. We are usually around to offer guests a lift from the car parking area with their kit to the bell tent if you arrive between 2 and 4pm. Outside of these times wheelbarrows are provided to take your stuff across the meadows.
If you prefer a little more luxury closer to the washing facilities which can park next to, then our yurts or shepherd’s hut might suit you better. PLEASE NOTE LAST CHECK IN IS 6.45PM due to the location of the bell tent. We will not accept any arrivals for the bell tent after dusk – please plan accordingly or you will be asked to arrive the next morning.
The bell tent is perfect if you fancy travelling light and trying a car-free holiday. It’s easy to get to Graig Wen and get around on public transport. We can usually arrange to collect you from the local train station at Morfa Mawddach or provide a taxi number. You can pre-order a breakfast hamper or freshly baked croissants.
Dogs on leads are welcome.
Bell Tent Info
£75/night for hire of the bell tent from Sunday – Thursday
£85/night Friday and Saturday
£90/ night for the bank holiday weekend
Minimum 3 night bookings
Book online or call us on 01341 250482
Terms and Conditions
When booking with Graig Wen you are entering into a binding contract with us.
References to ‘us’ and ‘we’ in these Conditions relate to Graig Wen and references to ‘you’ or ‘your’ relate to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party. When we email confirmation of a reservation to you, we enter into a contract with you, which is subject to these Booking Conditions.
- Your Booking – We will confirm your reservation and email you a Welcome Pack when we receive your deposit (25%) or full payment if you book less than 6 weeks before your stay. Please check your booking confirmation and tell us of any errors immediately. You must be over 18 to make a booking.
- Payment – You have 24 hours in which to pay your 25% deposit/full payment from the date you make your reservation. We will debit this from your card if you book on line. If money is not received in this time we reserve the right to offer the holiday to other enquirers. The balance is due at least 6 weeks before your arrival date. Please make a note to call us to pay by card before then on 01341 250482. Non payment of your balance, when this becomes due, will constitute cancellation of the holiday and forfeiture of the deposit payment. If we do not receive your balance by due date we will attempt to re-let the accommodation.
- The charge includes VAT and a sack of logs for the wood-burning stove. Further logs are available to buy on site or locally.
- The accommodation is let for holiday use only, for the time specified.
- Cancellation or Changes by YOU – It is essential that you let us know immediately if you need to cancel your booking. Please telephone us and confirm in writing. If you cancel:
– more than 6 weeks before your arrival date you will lose your 25% deposit payment. We will refund any other payments made by you.
– less than 6 weeks before your arrival date you will lose your 25% deposit payment. We will attempt to re-let your holiday. If we are able to re-let for the whole period originally booked at the same price you we will refund the balance, less a £20 administration fee, at your request on the day you were due to check out. If we are unable to re-sell your holiday you will not be refunded any money paid and we will not transfer your booking.
We strongly recommend that guests take out their own travel insurance to cover this eventuality.
Cancellation or Changes by US – Once we have issued you with a confirmation we will do our very best not to make any changes to your booking or to cancel it. Sometimes though changes do occur before and after bookings have been confirmed, and very occasionally confirmed bookings have to be cancelled. We promise to do all we can to avoid changes and cancellations but must reserve the right to do so.
6. Your safety – Graig Wen’s landscape includes some steep slopes and trees and parents/guardians are responsible for ensuring their children explore safely.
7. Pets – Well behaved pets that are supervised at all times are welcome. Dogs must be kept on a lead as sheep graze across the site and dogs may get on to the road. Please contact us if you would like to bring more than one pet. Pets must not be allowed on the furniture or beds so please bring appropriate bedding. At no time are pets to be left unattended. Fouling on site and any other mess made must be cleared up. Owners are liable for any damage caused.
8. Smoking – No smoking is allowed inside the accommodation.
9. Arrival and Departure – Unless special arrangements have been agreed, the normal earliest arrival time is 3:00pm on the holiday start date and last check in is 7pm. You must vacate the accommodation by 12 noon on the departure date. Alternative times can occasionally be arranged on request. Please let us know if you expect to be delayed. We reserve the right to add a late check in charge of £25 for check ins after 7pm as a member of staff will need to stay on to show you to the accommodation.
If you do not contact us and you have not arrived by noon on the day following the holiday start date we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
10. You agree to look after the accommodation. This means you must keep all furniture, fittings and effects, (inside or outside) in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of the holiday, and leave it clean and tidy. If you break these conditions we can make an additional cleaning charge and/or make a claim against you for repair or loss as a result of damage caused. You are expected to show due consideration for other people, including other guests, local residents and our staff. If you abuse the property or display dangerous or offensive behavior towards the owners or other third party, we can refuse to allow you possession of the property or ask you to leave before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
You must allow us access to the property at any reasonable time during your holiday.
If you have special requests or needs you are responsible for telling us at the time of booking. If you have a disability that may affect your holiday please tell us before you confirm your booking. We will do our best to accommodate you but will let you know if we are not able to meet your needs.
11. Dissatisfaction – It makes us happy if you enjoy your holiday. If you have any problems, please let us know so we can do our best to sort them out while you are here.
12. The owners shall not be liable for any loss or damage to visitor’s property, however caused.
Number of people using the accommodation should not exceed the number agreed when booking. Please check with us first if you would like to have any visitors as there may not be any parking space available for them.